Re; Tires and Chroming aluminum

To: carfindr@tiac.net, SDviewpnt@aol.com, TrmpetDave@aol.com
Subject: Re; Tires and Chroming aluminum
From: " LMG@GoMoG " <gomog@angelfire.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 06:13:54 -0400
---
LMG
GoMoG at
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/GoMoG/

Aluminum or aluminum alloy can be properly chromed but you need a higher level
of care and expertise than you will find with your average chrome man.

The aluminum must be plated three times (as I understand) or the chroming will
not last very long.

I think the process is 1. copper plating it 2. nickel plating it , 3. chrome
plating it.

The cost rises considerably but it works.

LMG