Re: Seized clutch

To: Jane McDaid <Murphys@ziplink.net>
Subject: Re: Seized clutch
From: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <ebrown@ms.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:50:34 -0400
My old Volvo 544 used to stick up its clutch every winter during the
layover. The way I dealt with it was to make sure the battery was fully
charged, then crank the car while in reverse (since the open garage door
was behind me) with the clutch pedal fully depressed. A couple of great
leaps back out the door and it always broke free and ran just fine. Hell
on the nerves and I made the wife and kiddies and animals stay inside
out of harm's way, but worked okay for about twenty years' ownership. CB