RE: Smog n Noise!!

To: "Morgan List" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Smog n Noise!!
From: "J.Scott Willoughby" <garuda@blast.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 12:27:44 -0400
Hi Folks
I usually keep to just reading the wonderful dialog and occasional drivel
that comes across this list.  This time I will put my 2 cents in. I heartily
agree with Gerry,Craig,Elton and others who understand why we are here. The
cars Damit! The internet leaves the door open for all opinions and I am not
saying any of you should not or can't share yours.  But how many electrons
do we need to devote to the fact that this group takes all types to realize
we are a unique bunch. The fink Rutter discussion has gone too far!

I have had my +8 for 22 years my 4/4 for 15, an f-4 for 8( before I sold
it), My cars, especially the +8, have parts in them from Bill Fink, Melvyn
Rutter, Win Sharples, Penny Bates, Bob Couch, Linda Eckler, Chris Charles,
John Sheally, Ron Garner,  Dave Mullens and others.  I have known all theses
people over the last 23 years and could devote much print to things that
really does not matter about them.   My car works great I am happy with it.
Because it is the way I want it and with the help of our vendors and others
advice it has covered 110,000 of very hard driving. No Morgan will ever be
perfect, no part will ever be the right price.  But it is the constant
challenge that is what makes these cars so much more interesting than modern
mass produced things which pass for sports cars today.  If you are not happy
with your car only you are responsible for the results.

 If I ever buy a new car I will buy it from whomever gives me what I want.
Not who makes the least or has the biggest house, or gives me free drinks at
events, or is most hospitable etc.  there is plenty of room in this market
for all of our vendors.  If one has particularly onerous practices they
deserve censure and this certainly seems the place to do that.

I enjoy reading most of the dialog but this last round has been
disappointing.

Chill out!

Please! Let's enjoy our hobbies!

Real Questions?
Who knows what kind of decent seats will fit in a 74 +8?  My car has the
stock 2 piece seats that just don't cut it anymore.

Also looking for a set of newer wider wheels has any one fitted the 6.5" to
an earlier +8? what tyres go best with out hitting the pipes in the rear or
do I need to make spacers?

Scott Willoughby
74 +8, 67 4/4