North American Morgan

To: Morgan List <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: North American Morgan
From: Ed Herman <edherman@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 15:25:26 -0400
    Today, Saturday August 7th, was it.  The weather is just spectacular
here.  I had to work this morning, and is my Saturday custom I drove my
Morgan.  When I left the office I hit that long 60 mile ribbon of
asphalt that loops around Baltimore, 695, affectionately known as "The
Beltway". It's a hot, crowded and unremarkable stretch of highway,
except for one section The Francis Scott Key Bridge.  The Key Bridge
leaps up and over the industrial harbor of Baltimore. It gives you a
view that inspires even this old misanthrope.
    From the Key Bridge you can see all of Baltimore's working harbor,
the downtown sky line, loaded cargo ships and small sail boats, Fort
McHenry, and Fort Carroll. You can see high rises, and steel mills,
Coast Guard cutters and tankers. And you can see the Potomac flowing
into the Chesapeake Bay.  There's no need for a speed limit over the Key
Bridge. No one's in a hurry there.  It's one of those things that renews
your faith in civil engineering, and in man's luck to get things right
every once in a while.
    Sometimes, we are like ants, seeing the world through our myopic
view.  We need to climb to the top of the ant hill and check out the
world from a different point of view occasionally.  And, the Key Bridge
is the top of the local ant hills. It look even better from a Morgan.
    I can life with this drought, I lived in Southern California before
I came to my senses.  So, a water shortage is okay.  But, I keep praying
there's never another gas shortage.

Ed.
58 not a MG
96 not a Benz