MISCC, ICQ etc

To: "Morgan Mail List" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: MISCC, ICQ etc
From: "Gary" <garc@iinet.net.au>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 16:36:05 +0800
I've been quietly watching this debate recently and would now like to
contribute.

This mailing list seems to me to serve two distinct purposes - one of which
may be less obvious to the large number of US contributors.

1.      This mailing list provides me with the best international link for
someone interested in Morgans.  It give me a chance to keep up with the new
cars and to get tips on various items.  For that purpose, I would be the
poorer if this list declined.  The UK MSCC and its Miscellany (I was a
member for a few years) was of little use for me because of the issues
several people have already cited here.  Even though there are many US
related issues in this list, I find great value in watching what's going on
and in getting some general advice and tips.  There is no other (that I am
aware of) list which is active and informative and so international in its
scope.  (It would be interesting to get some statistics on who, how many and
where listers live.)

Things like voice chat and ICQ are of little use for me, being 12-15 hours
time difference from the US.  An email list works well and I would hate to
see it wither through lack of contribution.  However, my key point is that
this list is a great international link.

2.      A second issue is that of creating a pan-US (North America?) club.
That,
in my view, is a matter for those of you who live there.  While it may be of
passing interest for outsiders like me, it obviously has to live or die on
fulfilling your US needs.

My point overall is that it seems there are 2 current uses for this list.
Lets keep the international links going whether or not a US "club" gets
going.

Cheers

Gary Arcus

1954 +4