Re: Spitz-Morgan

To: "DeLuca, Joseph" <Joseph.DeLuca@wl.com>
Subject: Re: Spitz-Morgan
From: John Bigler <jbigler@sprintmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:30:46 -0400
Joe,
Crazy as it might seem, this car sounds exactly like the '58 Series II
4/4 that I sold back in 1965 when I was living in East Lansing,
Michigan.  That was soon after the bearings in the 36 hp 100E engine
(with cracked block) failed at top speed, not much over 70 mph.

I'd like a chance to talk to Mark to see if this is the same car.
Perhaps we can fill in some of the gaps in its history.  And, since I
owned a '58 Series II (and now own a correct, original '57 Series II), I
can answer any questions he has about the P switch and tachometer and
other details.

John Bigler
'48 Series I 4/4
'57 Series II 4/4