Spitz-Morgan

To: "'Morgans'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitz-Morgan
From: "DeLuca, Joseph" <Joseph.DeLuca@wl.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 08:38:05 -0400
Hi folks,

I am providing the usual tips and consolation to a new
Morgan owner named Mark.  He has acquired a '58 4/4 which
was fitted with a 1300cc Triumph Spitfire motor.

Setting aside the cleverness (or horror) of grafting a Spit
motor in a Morgan, he had a couple of basic questions I
couldn't answer:

1. "There is a knob on the dashboard on the right hand side
above the choke labeled with a 'P'. What is it for?" (It does
not seem to do anything that he can detect. Also)
2. "Is it unusual that my car (1958 4/4) does not have a tach?".

I don't have a knob with  a 'P' and my so-called competition
model came with a tach, but I never noticed what the majority
of Mogs have in the way of rev-counters.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Joe DeLuca
Sparta, NJ
'62 yellow 4/4 competition model