Re: Technical Advice From the list, please!

To: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <ebrown@ms.com>,
Subject: Re: Technical Advice From the list, please!
From: "Stuart J. Ross" <stuross@nac.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 11:34:35 -0400
Chip, last winter I had some repainting done on my 53 R-Type Bentley. Fhe
front fenders on that are larger, but similar to the Morgans. The body shop
recommended that I take them to REDISTRIP in Allentown, PA. I don't know
where you live, but if you're in a reasonabe distance, I'd recommend them.
They use both an oven and a chemical remover. They don't charge much
compared to what the body shop would charge you (or the mess you'd have
doing it yourself. They also do it quickly. If you think you'd like to try
doing it yourself, try the POR stripper. It is very good. I can't remember
the exact product name, but all that POR stuff is quite good. If there is a
strip shop (as opposed to a strip joint) closer to your home that does what
Redistrip does, I'd say to use them. The body shop who did my repaint
strongly recommended them and the process they use.