Re: Tech Advice - Steering box

To: "Bob Tescione" <mogman@rpa.net>, <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tech Advice - Steering box
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 01:14:38 -0700
We use 90 EP gear oil and then add a Molybdenum disulfide additive to the
oil.  We have also lately been adding a friction modifier additive made by
''lube-guard."  It is a vegetable based substitute for the Sperm Whale based
additives used up to about 10 years ago.  This combination of oil and
additives seems to protect the parts and make for a noticeably lighter
steering.

Regards, Greg  Solow