Re: was BCDW2000 - future of hobby

To: LSelz@aol.com, jblair@exis.net
Subject: Re: was BCDW2000 - future of hobby
From: Oddcarnut@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 21:22:33 EDT
Lannis writes:

<< 1. My boys (14 and 13) have already been told that I'll pay a maximum of
$400
 each for a car for them, and it won't be running when we get it.  They can
 use my shop and tools and take all the time they want, starting now.  I even
 have an MGB that they can have for free and start working on (needs floors,
 rockers, clutch, interior, otherwise a nice running OD chrome bumper car).
 If they choose not to do it, they can drive my car IF they go only where I
 tell them AND I'm not using it AND I would have had to drive them anyway etc
 etc.  They're already looking in Hemmings and walking around the MG, and I'm
 looking forward to a lot of late nights putting an old Valiant or Fairmont
or
 Saab or MG back on the road with them (they have to do all the dirty work,
 though. >>

Lannis,

An excellent idea.  Sort of how I got my first car.  Dad blew the engine in
his Saab 96 (2 cycle) about the time I turned 15.  All I had to do was fix
the car and cover the insurance.  Some 25 years later I'm still showing signs
of that illness.  At the rate I'm getting things done now, the Monte Carlo
850 resting quietly in the garage will still be waiting there in 6 years when
my daughter is old enough to drive.  But she'll have to fight off her younger
brother who has already claimed it and the Lotus 7 resting next to it.  At
least he says I can keep the Plus 4.

Cheers,

Ken Payne