I survived the Monday monsoon at LRP AND local Morgan club event in your

To: "'DGreimel@aol.com'" <DGreimel@aol.com>
Subject: I survived the Monday monsoon at LRP AND local Morgan club event in your area
From: Kerry Seibert <ckchapel@fast.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 14:30:28 -0400
Don,
Just a short note letting you know that the Vintage event at LRP was a HOT but
thoroughly successful event.  The ol' girl didn't miss a beat and after some
initial apprehension about having to run with the big bore sportscars, we
acquitted ourselves well, running around mid-pack, running +/-  1:11 and the
Morgan getting some good press from the announcers.  But race day on Monday!
Hoo boy!  Naturally, the threatening weather really let loose during my race
with monsoonal, typhoonal, torrential rain.  Lakes six feet out from apexes!
Eight cars DNS and I ended up starting 17th, dead last.  I'm not sure which was
worse, literally being blind, or a near-drowning from all the water forced
around my face shield and up my nose!  But . . . . I thought I'd give it a go,
and besides , if a couple of thousand crazy fans were still willing to sit on
the hillside . . . .    So.... As we discussed before, the Moggy proved quite
the "mudder" as we picked-off cars here and there, some packed it in, and
after a race mercifully shortened from 12 to 7 laps, we finished a respectable
7th OA, third in class and I sheepishly received a 3rd place trophy.  Bob
Kilpatrick in his indecently quick MGB was first and Bob Hebert in his E-Type
was second.  I couldn't have been any wetter if I had jumped in a river fully
clothed.  Morgans in attendance:  Craig Seibert 1968 +8, Chris Towner F-Type
Trike, Jeff Jacobsen V-Twin Trike, and Curt Conner, Dow Smith, and Tom Fair,
all in +4s.  Get the VCRs ready - Speedvision, Nov. 26, 10:00 pm.

Short notice I know, but the MOPs (Morgan Owners of Phila.) are having a crab
fest (Cruise'n for Crustaceans) this Sat, the 11th at the McCarthys' in Joppa,
MD.  Give Bill a call for details and directions - (410) 679-7241.  Any Morgan
owner/enthusiast is guaranteed a warm welcome!

CRAIG     (68 +8, 61 4/4)