Re: '70 Plus 8 exhaust routing

To: Werner Pels <wpels@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: '70 Plus 8 exhaust routing
From: "L.D. McLaughlin, Jr." <ldmcjr@zebra.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 20:06:48 -0500
> What's the normal exhaust tube routing after the firewall? Mine comes back
> along the side of the frame - even when it passes the rear wheel! Whoever
> put it in carefully pinched the tube into an oval in two places to allow
> clearance for the tire. Seems kind of dumb. (It was probably me, back in
> another life.)
>
> Is the normal routing slung under the frame when it gets back that far?

Werner -

You have the factory exhaust pipe - My '71 is just like that, and had only
1/4 inch clearance between it and the wheel - I shortened it and had it exit
just in front of the tire, about a foot from the muffler... much more
pleasing to the driver, but not to the passenger!

Tony

--
http://www.zebra.net/~ldmcjr

ldmcjr@zebra.net