Re: lube question

To: KatHaus7@aol.com
Subject: Re: lube question
From: Giampiero Pecelli <giam@cs.uml.edu>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 21:40:41 -0400
Kat:

in my case, cleaning externally, pushing grease in through the fittings
(one of the fittings was quite hard to get the grease into) and then cleaning
the mess seemed to do it.  The suggestions by Tamzen Cannoy and
Ken Payne appear to be a bit more serious and should work even better.
There are two grease fittings, one at the bottom of the brake pedal, and one
to the left of it (about one inch) on the tube holding the clutch pedal.
You have to get grease into both of them.  I don't think you need to see
the grease ooze through the hole, just make sure several squirts got in.
The reason my pedals stuck was that the grease gun used had a worn "head",
it's dark down there (excuse for being careless), and squirting got the grease
out of the gun but just around the fitting instead of inside it.  So, make
sure you have a tight grease gun - since you seem to have sprung for a new
one, it should be a while before you run into that problem.

Cheers,
Giampiero Pecelli
64 +4, #5406