Re: brake pedal travel - repost

To: "Hal Skurnick" <hals@ix.netcom.com>, "morgan" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: brake pedal travel - repost
From: Jane McDaid <Murphys@ziplink.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 07:15:12 -0400
Are your wheel cylinders frozen? Do the brakes work?

Try backing one set of shoes way off the drums and see if you get any pedal
movement. Jack that wheel and have someone turn it to see if the brakes
seem to make contact with the drum when the pedal's depressed.

If one wheel works, try it with the other three, then readjust.

Hope that's of some help.

Jerry Murphy
'67 +4

At 06:29 AM 10/4/99 -0400, Hal Skurnick wrote:
snip
>just getting my 4/4 back on the road and finding that the brake pedal
>has virtually zero travel - feels like your stomping on a solid steel
>rod. i have bled the rear cylinders and when the bleed screw is open the
>pedal does travel down to the floor and feels relatively smooth.
>when the bleed screw is closed the pedal feels as though it is welded
>shut - virtually no movement.
snip