Re: Morgans at the Point

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Morgans at the Point
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 12:59:08 EDT
Craig and all -

Tried to meet you at Summit Point this past weekend but never connected; had a
great time nonetheless.

When you write up the weekend for us (and I'm looking forward to it), maybe you
could solve the following mysteries..... I could have asked at the time, but
I've never found a good way to come up to someone in the paddock with a bent or
blown-up car and ask "Wha' hoppen to you?"  (Don't like the taste of greasy
jack handles).

1) Greg Miller had the best looking (and sounding) car in the entire race
(beautiful red Morgan racer) and was leading the two Triumphs in the "Morgans
Only" race and pulling away and then he didn't come around and (insult to
injury) Triumphs were 1-2 in the Morgan race.  I talked to him before the race
but didn't have the heart (cojones) to go back after the Sunday heat.

2) Hank Giffin's car sounded really strange but performed well in the Saturday
qualifying and then slowed down and fell out on Sunday.  Was that raspy sound
part of the problem or just part of the exhaust?

One thing's for sure; watching the Morgans go around the carousel in company
with all the other cars, you can really tell the advantage that their "flat"
stance and lack of body roll gives them.  Greg M.s Morgan in a full drift was
really a pretty sight compared to those wallowing and fishtailing Vettes and
Porsches.

Lannis