Re: SV: Dumb move-no brakes at all now

To: "Morgan List" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SV: Dumb move-no brakes at all now
From: " LMG@GoMoG " <gomog@angelfire.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 1999 09:49:26 -0400
---
LMG
GoMoG at
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/GoMoG/

Hi Ross,

There often seems to be an unhealthy illusion that the
 less one uses one's newer (for me 1987 is new) Morgan
 ..the longer it will last..almost as if it's use
should be reverently  rationed.

 Truth is the opposite..any  machine used sporadically
 will run sporadically. All those important little
rubber bits and gaskets kinda dry out without usage.

In this case, I am guessing that the rubber in one or
 both of the rear brake sub-cylinders has cracked and
 there is your leak or leaks. However, you then added
 another problem by allowing huge amounts of air in the
 system without bleeding it out. (not to worry,I have
 been much dumber than that!) er...one other
 problem...you speak of "two" grease nipples...are you
 perchance trying to grease the brake bleeders?

If one little cylinder has gone the other will possibly
 be following close behind. First..bleed the system of
 air. then examine the two cylinders for
leakage..Better  still...replace them..it is not that
 difficult or expensive..just make sure you get the
 right ones.

With respect, if you choose not to use your car too
often..then carry  extra hoses, clips, gaskets,
 silicone, rubber bits and a credit card when you do.

Lorne