Radiator mount for flat rad

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Radiator mount for flat rad
From: Rick Williams <rawmorgan@netscape.net>
Date: 12 Oct 99 21:32:33 PDT
I am reassembling a 1951 flat rad and am missing the part that the radiator
sits on. I believe it is a shelf type of affair that fits between the two "T"
shaped brackets that bolt on to the front subframe. Does anyone have the
dimensions, material, or other specifications for this part?

BTW, I am also building a new body tub and have been using brass screws. They
do seem to break off in the hole, if it is not drilled out enough. However,
with the appropriate pre-drilling I have had good results with the screws
holding tight. I also have wondered about gluing the joints, but have not
decided yet.

Thanks,

Rick Williams
'51 Plus 4