RE: 1987 4/4 Brake Problem Update

To: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Subject: RE: 1987 4/4 Brake Problem Update
From: "Ross Jones" <rossjones@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 21:24:23 -0400
I apologize for the use of the four letter word. As usual, I wasn't
thinking, and hot blooded. Actually was only going to send the message to
Roy at Cantab, but since I got no response from this board for five days, I
thought sharing it would maybe bring more info. I made a mistake. Either my
questions/queries are too stupid, or I am still too new to e-mail etiquette.

Also apologize about my previous post about the "Huns". Growing up and
living in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch country, I meant no offense to
people of German heritage. To the local people here, I am considered
"English". To those of us who are not Amish, they are "Dutch". To the
manufacturers of Mercedes Benz, Porsche, and BMW's, they are considered
"Huns". Or Nazis, to be more precise. Just the facts around here, Jack.

In reality, I am of Welch/English heritage, and a Quaker. My most famous
relative was Capt. Lewis Warrington, who is known for having fired the last
shot in the War of 1812, from his ship the Peacock, against an English
frigate, the Nautilus. It was four months after the war was over, so my
family is famous for stupidity. Killed 28 English sailors because they would
not strike their colors. A kinder, gentler ancestor is George Bingham, an
early American painter.

Sorry again for the expletive. Had about four or five members of this group
offer good information on my brake problem, and other problems in the past.
Tried to offer what I knew to help others with what little I have learned
since purchasing my Morgan. Topics I am proficient in, such as cabinet
making and woodworking, have not appeared since my joining the list.

On second thought, I am also a veteran, having served in the 82nd Airborne
Division during Viet Nam. So to hell with expletives. I will say whatever I
want, and you can just delete it if you don't like it. Or ban me from your
list. I don't care. In case you don't know the rules, if are not a
paratrooper, your opinion means nothing to the Airborne. Show me your wings,
and I will humbly apologize.

No offence, Chuck, but I am just ticked enough to write this, which I will
most likely regret tomorrow. Drinking too much Hun Beck's beer tonight.