Correction to Mechanic helping Idiot

To: "Morgan List" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Correction to Mechanic helping Idiot
From: "Ross Jones" <rossjones@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 22:35:48 -0400
In case of any misunderstanding, I did not mean in my previous message to
say anything negative about either Isis or Cantab.

I had surmised, from previous posts on this board, that model years were
confused in the eighties due to importation and the LP gas conversion
process, etc. I know my car was converted by Isis, but in no way was I
accusing them of anything whatsoever. They are an outstanding company. If
not for Isis, I would not have a Morgan today.

It was my fault and ignorance for ordering cylinders for a 1987 Morgan 4/4
without first taking them out and checking them. It is possible that
different cylinders where used during that model year, and I did not make
that clear to Cantab when ordering. I just called and said "send me rear
wheel cylinders for a 1987 4/4", and they were delivered in less than 24
hours. You cannot ask for better service than that.

I have had nothing but excellent customer service from both Isis and Cantab,
and had no idea my message implied anything to the contrary.

Bottom line... the car sat for ten years and the cylinders went bad. I first
thought it was the brake like and replaced it. When a professional mechanic
removed the cylinder, he discovered it was cracked.

I seem to have a talent for offending someone no matter what I say.