Re: Correction to Mechanic helping Idiot

To: rossjones@earthlink.net, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Correction to Mechanic helping Idiot
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 11:19:31 EDT
In a message dated 10/16/99 9:37:56 PM EST, rossjones@earthlink.net writes:

<< I seem to have a talent for offending someone no matter what I say.

Ross;

HAH!   Not much of a talent I'd say. I was not offended in the slightest
amount.  Give it another try. Go ahead, hit me with your best shot.  Just do
it.   I'm ready.

I didn't read it as if you were blaming anyone, just describing
circumstances.  Now if you would have added a few adjectives it might have
read differently.  I think the lesson here is one that some of us have
learned several times.  Never assume that someone else (including the
manufacturer) knows as much or more about what's on your car today than you
can find out by looking on the car. :)  What was SUPPOSED to be on the car
according to history is one thing, what is actually there is very often
another.  It might  take longer to accomplish the repairs, but you might
remove and  identify before you order new.

You could be in my position where no one really knows what was supposed to be
on my car and what I find often bears no relationship to what should be
there.  In my case, it's the results of  63 years of use, quick repairs, poor
parts availability, modifications, substituted parts, missing parts, etc. etc.
Bob Paul
F376  1936 F2 Morgan Three Wheeler
Corrales NM