Team.net Appeal for funds

Subject: Team.net Appeal for funds
From: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 11:13:04 -0600
Hey Guys,

As I mentioned in a post to this list some time ago, Mark has provided mailing
list services to a broad cross-section of the motoring community without
charge for a long while now. He periodically appeals for funds, usually
because some hardware bit has worn out. I do not recall him sending an appeal
to the Mogs list in the past but may well have missed it (i.e., trashed it)
since I see them on the Tigers List and respond over there.

I confess that I find it interesting that the first reaction to Mark's appeal
on the Morgan list is a call for "discussion" while on the Tigers list the
first thing that happens is some rabble agitator throws $50 in the kitty (no
pun intended!) and challenges the rest of us to match it so somebody else
promptly doubles it...

I have sent donations--really, that should say that I've paid my dues--twice
and consider it money very well spent, indeed. I applaud those of you who have
also responded. Those of you who can't or don't wish to respond... hey, that's
OK, too! I think Mark made that very clear in his posts.

The nice thing about the team.net lists is that the operator--Mark--does not
have an axe to grind and, therefore, does not attempt to control what links
are allowed, who is permitted to post, and all that sort of bull... Those are
problems which have already been encountered on alternative servers.

Even though Mark's message gave me an out by saying that those who have
contributed recently need not ante up again, I plan to send another check off
today because I realize how important the lists are. If just the 10,000 people
who have actually located parts or cars or technical advice on the various
lists respond with $10 or $20, team.net will have enough money to buy all the
hardware that is needed.

I realize this puts some of you offshore Morganists at a disadvantage since
you want to pull your own weight but can't because of the currency problem. I
suspect that many folks may not wish to respond with their credit card number.
Why not just  try to pick up a US $10 or $20 bill the next time you are at
your bank and send it in the post? If your bank just cannot come with a
tenner, drop a line to your cousin in Philly or wherever and have Cuz stick a
ten in the mail...

If none of that works, hey! You tried, sit back and enjoy the ride!

Cheers!

--Colin Cobb, Las Cruces, NM, USA
'66 Plus 4