Re: Fuel-Air Ratio Gauges

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel-Air Ratio Gauges
From: DGreimel@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 19:54:48 EDT
Dear Unkle Jack.  When you get right down to it the  02 sensor produces a
voltage between .1 and .9 volts.  A sensitive volt meter can read this.  If I
recall correctly, .9 is rich, .1 is lean, and .5 is just right from the
stoicheometric standpoint.  Best power, of course, is on the rich side.
Perhaps you could save some $ by makind your own set up. I have connected my
FLUKE 87 to an 02 sensor and watched the changes so I know it works.    I
have always wanted an instrument that would illuminate a light when
detonation occurs as my ears no longer recognize it.  Again, this should be
simple.  A pieziolectric knock sensor, a transistor, power supply and light
bulb.  Just never had the time to persue it.
Cheers!
Don