Laguna Seca SCCA vintage

To: "Melvyn Rutter / The Morgan Garage" <melvyn@rutter.clara.net>
Subject: Laguna Seca SCCA vintage
From: "Greg Solow" <Gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 20:04:33 -0700
    Just got back from Laguna Seca.  Over 60 cars in our group 2 race.  Had
a split start there were so many.  We started 8 on the grid , finished 5'th.
1'st was a Gineta G4R with IRS, very fast, 2nd and 3'rd were 911s of various
sorts, 4'th was a Ladybird Special, an English tube frame club special with
Ford power ( sort like like an ugly Super Seven), 6'th was a Gineta G4, then
a couple of Super Sevens and a slew of 911s.  very clean racing in all race
groups. great corner workers, the tech lines were a little slow this morning
at 7 AM.  Victory Lane magazine hosted a little get together after the last
race.  Weather was foggy and cool in the morning. It finally warmed up to
around 70 degrees at 1:30. We are the onlyu Morgan there, the only car on
wire wheels in group 2, all the other cars are running on Mags. There are 2
or 3 MG Bs and a GT-6 and one TR-4, maybe 6 Lotus Cortinas and 4 or More
Ginetas, they have sure become popular!  Quite a few Alfa GT Vs also.
    We got down to 1:54.09 on Yoko A008 rs tires. The Gineta G4r turned 1:46
and change! Like a 26R!
    More to follow tomarrow. I hope I can do as well as I did today!

Regards, Greg Solow