Re: Industrial tribunal report

To: toad <toad@storm.ca>
Subject: Re: Industrial tribunal report
From: "William H. Boyles" <wmj3@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 22:17:59 -0500
toad wrote:

> LSelz@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > In a message dated 10/24/99 6:16:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> > jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk writes:
> >
> > << LSelz@aol.com writes
> >  >
> >  >OH MY GOD!!!
> >  >
> >  >I thought Morgans were supposed to be fun!!!!  Little tin-and-plywood
> > sports
> >  >roadsters to run around in and meet people in and fix in your garage and
> > love
> >  >and caress and maybe beat them up on a racetrack and make friends over.
> >
> >  So did I and the car most definitely is! I'm not sure about the crack
> >  about tin and plywood though, I claim steel, aluminium and ash,
> >  (although I'll concede the GRP wings aren't the noble material they
> >  ought to be).
> >
> >  IMHO the MSCC has lost the plot. Some of the volunteer directors of the
> >  MSCC, i.e. those who have power over the joint club funds decided for a
> >  lark to ignore the needs of the members, treat them like mushrooms and
> >  sack illegally the old Treasurer and the Registrar. This little exercise
> >  has cost about US$48,000, which the Directors won't be paying. As the
> >  club is a 'not for profit', you can guess who will be.
> >
> >  >This sounds like impeachment hearings in the Senate, or a multiple murder
> >  >trial where some gangster killed a union boss or something.
> >
> >  Please have a look at the ManxMog web site and read the Tribunal
> >  judgement and the subsequent postings.
> >
> >  http://homepages.enterprise.net/kluff/manxmog/trib.html
> >
> >  For one person, it has been her hobby, life and livelihood. Not senate
> >  hearings or a murder trial, sorry.
> >  >
> >  >Sure you got the right board????
> >  'fraid so.
> >  --
> >   Jeremy Edwards >>
> >
> > Jeremy -
> >
> > I don't really mean to downplay an event which has apparently had a big
> > personal effect on someone who put a lot of themselves into something and
> > then got hurt.....BUT....
> >
> > I guess it's just human nature.  A couple of years ago I was sitting in a
> > cafeteria booth at work and heard three guys in the next booth talking.
>They
> > had just formed a local chapter of a bass-fishing club.  (For those of you
> > not familiar with this phenomenon, tournament bass-fishing is a Big Deal
> > among a lot of people).  But they weren't talking about fishing, they were
> > talking about who would be president and that Jimbo and Bubba had formed a
> > coalition to oust Billy-Bob as tournament director, and how many votes they
> > could pull together among them to gain control of the fishing club.  And I
> > thought, Good gosh, there are only 12 people in this club, and it's supposed
> > to be about fishing!  Relaxing, laid back, you-against-the-fish kind of
>thing
> > (at least, that's the way I fish).  But it was rife with politics and
> [...]

I have tried to stay out of this and most of the comments on this site,
but perhaps I can contribute. The Texas Club is an official Centre of
MSCC, just like Cranmog, etc. and as secretary, I get full reports on
the happenings. That is to say, the same reports as the other Centres
receive. Last week, I received the Tribunal rewport from MSCC, and it is
as you see on the Manxmog site. However, with it was a critique by MSCC
as to the errors in the decision. Very interesting. Consideration is now
being given to appeal the decision with a cost of "a maximum of 750
pounds". So it goes on.

I don't want to elaborate at this late hour, however, as perhaps, the
only active MSCC Centre in the US, I am willing to accept your comments
and pass them on to the reigning board.  In fact, if you are a MSCC
member, and not part of a formal Centre, perhaps you coulld join the
Texas Centre and by weight of numbers, we could get something going.
This does not mean pay dues for the Centre membership, only if you
wished also to be a member of the Texas Morgan Motor Car Club. this
requires a $20 payment and you receive a monthly newsletter. But I
digress. I'm just getting my two cents in, in case you want some of your
comments carried directly. The TEXAS CENTRE gets to vote!!!!!

For clarification, while the Morgan Motor Car Club is also an
"affiliated Club" it is also a rare non UK Centre of the MSCC.

Bill Boyles
1963 steel bodied +4 SS #5342
1967 +4+ # A6436 (last factory one built)
1973 4/4 4 seater #2849 (1972 Earls Court showcar)