RE: rubber pad between brace and fender

To: Morgan List <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: rubber pad between brace and fender
From: Phil Roettjer <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:16:30 -0800
David,
That is about the thickness of rubber pad that I used for my plus 4. I had
the front fenders repainted last winter and unfortunately I learned the hard
way that the rubber pad is required. When I got my fenders back from the
paint shop I just installed them without a pad. I then drove 12 miles back
to the paint shop for them to fit the bonnet (I had them put an air scoop in
so I could run with air cleaners). Anyway by the time I got back to the shop
I had cracks in the filler on both fenders. When I got the car back home in
my garage, I removed the supporting brackets and bent them so that no part
touches the fenders directly with the piece of rubber placed in between. I
have since touched up the initial cracks and have had no problem since.

However I don't know if this applies with fiberglass fenders, but I would
guess that it would.

Regards,
Phil Roettjer
67 +4