Magazine Article Alert

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Magazine Article Alert
From: JClax5817@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 23:58:48 EST
Morgan friends,
On page 45 of the December 1999 of "Classic & Sports Car" magazine an
upcoming article on Morgans is mentioned. Five Morgans are in a photo with
the captions "Next Month - Malvern Thrills - Morgan Plus 8's: we drive the
whole family".

This magazine is out of the UK. Do not confuse this magazine with
"Thoroughbred & Classic Cars" magazine, also out of the UK, as I did once.

Both are typically available at Barnes & Noble or Borders (on the US side of
the pond). They make for great reading, even without a Morgan article, and
they are chock full of British and other car photos, restoration articles,
old car finds, news items, car ads, parts ads, price guides, auction results
etc., etc. I would recommend these for anyone that has not already discovered
them.

Whenver I read one of these I am reminded of how (I think) I came to love
Morgans. Always sprinkled among the many car photos are some absolutely
gorgeous classic Bentleys similar to those John Steed (the TV character) used
to run around in. I always credited John Steed for imprinting my psyche with
a love of British cars at an impressionable age that eventually found its
fulfillment in Morgan ownership.

However, I have always wondered if it was really Emma Peel!

Happy reading.

Jack Claxton
1956 +4 4-seater