Re: Propane Reconversions

To: "William G. Lamb, III" <lambroving@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Propane Reconversions
From: "Lorne M. Goldman" <gomog@angelfire.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 23:05:13 -0500
---
LMG
webmaster@gomog.com
http://www.gomog.com

Hi Willie and Phil,

Willie! I had a feeling that you were waiting to pounce.

I was slowly warming Phil up to a J.E. Engineering solution and you went ahead
and got there first. BTW, Atlantic British are now selling RPi engines. Of
course, neither of these solutions are for the faint-hearted with light pockets.

The biggest reconversion hurdle could indeed be the EFI chipping in the later
cars. Reel Steel has a laptop-programmable chip which it distributes but
er...Hollys begin to look simpler at that point.

As well, I had understood that the compression ratio of US spec Plus 8s in the
late 80s and early 90s was 8.15 rather than the UK 9.35 ...

If it will do, Rimmer (this time the British one) carries everything for the
older Rover V8s from a idle adjustment screw and a ECU to a new 4.6 with wild
camshafts.

In any event, I am very very (2) pleased at Phil's fine taste in having a Royal
Ivory car.
That car should look great no matter what it is running on.

Lorne

P.S. I need 235 bhp (and rising this winter) because I am often late and hate
to have people waiting for me. I am just trying to be polite.