SV: Volvo Box

To: "Morgan List" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: SV: Volvo Box
From: "Bjørn Schage" <schage@online.no>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 22:08:36 +0100
Bob, David, Elton and others interested in Volvo-boxes (excluding the modern
tin-tops ;-) )

Thanks for the additional info. I'll find out which box is intended for my +8
and get the best one ( as he has several). In the other +4's without overdrive,
the box goes in right where the Moss-box were, and the gearstick is machined to
look exactly like the original. It also has an adaptor plate and a new bearing
in front.

 I did it on the +4 so as the missus should be able to drive the car..the
didn't like the sounds of the old one (as she put it). Thing is that the car
seems faster now ( and not only for the quicker change), as if the Moss-box
"absorbs" some power. Is this possible?

"My man" has also made a +4 with overdrive, but had to make a new tunnel
because the overdrive-unit is too wide.
On my +8 he'll use a box with remote shift, so the gearbox is mated more or
less directly to the bellhousing (he is still pondering on that one). I don't
want to modify the interior of the car. I'll come back to you as soon as I know
more David, but I suppose it'll be made in the Morgan-spirit: build first, draw
afterwards.

The process starts just after New Years. On january 1. it'll be used in the
annual "summerday run"; open cars (sports cars, historic military vehicles,
veterans and some modern too) run from the centre of Oslo up to a lookoutpoint
400 m. over Oslo where icecream is served ( with hot chocolate sauce for the
not-so-tough). With some luck we'll have 10-15 deg C. below. ...now THAT is
cold when driving a Morgan.

I'll keep you posted on the transplant.
Meanwhile; Happy New Year And Happy Morganeering to you all,
You're a great bunch

Bjørn Schage