Re: Optima Batteries

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Optima Batteries
From: "John Pavone" <jpavone@inacom.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 07:36:05 -0600

From: toad <toad@storm.ca> on 01/18/2000 08:31 PM CST

To:   triumphs@autox.team.net@SMTP@Exchange,
      morgans@autox.team.net@SMTP@Exchange
cc:
Subject:  Optima Batteries

Brethren
Recently we had a brief discussion on Optima Batteries.

Has anyone got any comments (good or bad) on Optima Batteries?

I am considering using Optima batteries in my '33 Morgan Super Sport.
It is my intention to use the Optima in a 6 volt configuration for
normal running only.
As an after market option?? I am installing a 12 volt starter and will
use a small utility battery to power the starter.  Granted the 12 volt
battery will require frequent overnight charging however overnight
charging is superior to engine cranking.

Thanks for any and all comments

Toad,

 I installed an Optima battery in my 4/4 about 2 years ago. I've found there is
always more than adequate cranking power even after the car has sat for 2
months. I do connect a trickle charger to it once in a while as I don't want the
old Lucas generator to have to work overtime.

Regards,
John