Re: Interior Door panels

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Interior Door panels
From: tjsouz@epix.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 13:16:59 -0800
Jane McDaid wrote:

> I'm finally getting around to making some interior panels for my '67+4. I
> have some thin plywood, about 3 or 4mm, and am considering making the
> panels with a thin layer of closed cell foam glued between the plywood and
> the vinyl.
>
> I'll probably fabricate some map pockets while I'm at it.
>
> The originals were tacked onto the wood framing. I've seen some cars
> refastened with ss or brass screws and finishing washers instead. Any
> recommendations?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jerry Murphy
Hi Jerry,

I have used 1/8 masonite on a couple of Morgans with pleasing results.
The factory sent along some 1/4 thick closed cell foam with the tub I
got for the four seater. I think it's too thick for a vintage +4.  I
prefer the poly batting you can get at the fabric store.  Just one layer
is enough, but you can double it or triple it as you please.  And I also
prefer SS or chrome wood screws and finishing washers to fasten the
panels.

Regards,

Tony Souza