Re: Gemmer steering conversion

To: dorothyr@pacbell.net, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gemmer steering conversion
From: TrmpetDave@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 02:36:58 EST
In a message dated 3/3/00 9:46:55 PM, dorothyr@pacbell.net writes:

<< How does it feel?  Fantastic!  The steering is extremely accurate.  No lost
movement and a more positive "feel" to all steering input at any speed.  The
ratio of the Gemmer box is the same as the old cam & peg system, but it
feels much quicker.  In addition, the new steering is significantly lighter
at parking speeds.  Further, the binding feeling associated with the old
system is gone and the smooth response of the new system is a nice bonus. >>

Yes, I like my Gemmer, too. The only thing that worries me is that I cen't
find a place to top up the oil, as I used to with the the original cam and
peg.Can any one tell me if it's necessary to do so, and if so how, and with
what kind of oil?