Re: Fw: Fowarded: Gasoline Boycott - please forward to all

To: "Stuart J. Ross" <stuross@nac.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Fowarded: Gasoline Boycott - please forward to all
From: "William H. Boyles" <wmj3@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 20:30:10 -0600
Stuart J. Ross wrote:

> [...]

I don't know if you have a job, but i don't. I have worked in the oil
industry since 1957. The price of gasoline is less than Perrier. We have
the lowest price than anywhere in the first world countries. There is a
235% tarrif on Pistachio nuts to protect that industry but 0 on imported
oil. Thousands and thousands of people have been laid off in the
petroleum industry with no relief. There is no domestic oil industry and
we are dependent on the middle east (very stable and dependable ???)
nations to provide our essential energy needs. Rest easy if you wish,
and ask for the cheap fuel, 1973 will be back with vengence and there is
NO local petroleum energy industry left to counter. They are all into
.coms or other expanding industries.

I strongly dislike the higher prices my three Morgans and other cars
need but at least it is still available . .. for now. i.e. I don't
agree.

Bill Boyles