Re: Fw: Fowarded: Gasoline Boycott - please forward to all/Ch Harris

To: CHarris990@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fw: Fowarded: Gasoline Boycott - please forward to all/Ch Harris
From: Ed Herman <edherman@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 16:55:46 -0500
Harris,
    Well said.
    I was in no way implying some kind of gas revolution.  I was just pointing
out that every time someone has a problem they imply we should have a law.  And,
every time they make a law they take our liberties.  Your point is right on.
The
Government in the States and in the UK is the problem.  The US has restricked
all
new oil exploration.  If the companies where allowed today to srart sinking new
wells it would take two year for that oil ot get to our pumps.  Then they tax
the
hell out of imported oil.  When OPEC cuts production the citizens are between a
rock and a tax.  And, in the intrem the oil industry in the states dies a slow
death.
    The government tries to control your behavior,  you get screwed.
Look at the cigarett tax in Canada.  The black market became such a ploblem even
they had to admit their mistake and revoke the tax.
Ed.