RE: ORIGINAL MORGAN FACTORY

To: "Hodgkiss, Ben" <bhodgkiss@herefordshire.gov.uk>
Subject: RE: ORIGINAL MORGAN FACTORY
From: "William G. Lamb, III" <lambroving@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:20:20 -0500
Well, Ben,

This is going to be a thorny subject. In general. I'm inclined to agree
with you, unless there were a ground swell of sentiment in favor
of restoring the site to it's original appearance and converting it to
a museum.

It seems to me that the town allowed the glass extension for the
showroom of Brooklyn Ford ages ago and that was when the real
damage was done. I seem to recall that there is a park across
the A 449 from the site. Perhaps a car wash is not exactly the
most appropriate replacement on this main road. Definitely the
locals should be allowed to decide.

The Ford Dealer obviously needs to move from the site to grow
and build a more modern facility with some parking, and needs
the funds from the sale of the property to do this.

Proposals, anyone?

William G. Lamb, III
NAS 4.0 Litre Plus 8