RE: ignition warning light

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: ignition warning light
From: Phil Roettjer <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 06:35:55 -0700
Steve,
I will assume your car has a generator? Did you polarize the field positive?
If you didn't you may have destroyed your regulator which means your light
stays on because your generator is no longer charging. You need to polarize
the generator when making this change and you should also do that when you
install a new generator just to make sure it is polarized correctly. You do
this by momentarily swiping a wire to the field terminal (the smaller of the
two) that is connected to +12 Volts. You should see a small spark and then
the job is done.

Good luck,
Phil Roettjer
67 +4 (negative ground)