Clairification of ignition warning light question!

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Clairification of ignition warning light question!
From: Steve Gilbert <sgilbert@wpusd.k12.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 21:37:53 +0000
Dear Morgan Folks,

Thanks for all the replys to my FOOLISH move to change a perfectly
fine Morgan from positive ground (as Mr. Lucas intended) to negative
ground (so I could hook up a cell phone charger)!!!

Perhaps I did not explain well.  I'll try again.

1.  I did have (new) generator polerized to be negaive ground(this was
done by shop that rebuilt generator.
2.  I reversed wires on ammeter. The guage now shows a positive
movement when engine is reved... and less charge when at idle(looks
normal to me!)
3.  HOWEVER... the "ignition warning light" is working backwards.  At
idle it is dim or goes out.  At higher rpm's light is on BRIGHT!!!
Backwards from normal.

Question #1.  How can I fix the ignition warning light problem.
Question #2   What about wires to coil...  Info from one source says
to reverse these.  Fred's bedside reader says NO.  Leave alone.

Thanks again

Steve Gilbert
67 4/4
Negatively Grounded in Auburn, CA