RE: ? identify a Morgan

To: "'DeLuca, Joseph'" <Joseph.DeLuca@wl.com>,
Subject: RE: ? identify a Morgan
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 21:33:54 -0400
Joe, Charles,

I just had a look at my Morgan.  The serial number on my chassis is on the
cross member that supports the rear of the Moss gearbox and, yes, it is
2473.  The number is on the right hand side (looking towards the front of
the car) but it is punched in so it looks right side up from the engine bay
area.  On my car, the cross members have been painted sort of brick red and
the numbers are a bit hard to read.  Maybe rubbing chalk or even a wax
candle over the cross member to embed some chalk or wax into the numbers may
make them easier to read.

Joe, I guess the location of the cross member would place it sort of
underneath the seat, so we both win.  ;-)

Having a Morgan makes one a winner anyway.

Chuck Vandergraaf.
'52 +4
Pinawa, MB