Re: Fresh Air

To: "Scott Morrison" <scott@wampc.com>,
Subject: Re: Fresh Air
From: "Stuart J. Ross" <stuross@nac.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 17:57:56 -0400
A few years ago at a summer MOG, I saw a neat method of getting air into the
foot well. The person got some sort of hose, like a vacuum cleaner hose and
ran in from the front bumpers under the car to the fire wall. he used vent
covers from something scrounged from a junk yard...(old a/c vents with
louvers that go on the dashboard) and installed them on the fire wall.
seemed to work, though the air that was "scooped" was from the hot road and
I wonder how much it cooled. It did create air flow on the foot area, which
is probably better than roasted toes. Scott Willoughby has a Rube Goldberg
set of bent pipes (from a dryer vent maybe) that he attaches to the side
curtain mounts on the door. It directs the air into the car. Looks funny,
but works well. If he's looking in, I am sure he can explain how to put it
together. I don't think is is too complicated. You may try to convert the
mechanical side vents from a Healey, but that means metal work. So the other
ideas are easier.