Re: Fresh Air

To: "Scott Morrison" <scott@wampc.com>,
Subject: Re: Fresh Air
From: John Karlsson <karlsson@edgenet.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 18:49:59 -0400
For one trip my family made in Arizona back in the early '50s, before cars
were air conditioned, my father borrowed an evaporative cooler that hung on
the top of the passenger window.  It looked a bit like an old-fashioned
tank type vacuum cleaner, and it used the evaporation of water to cool the
air as it was scooped into the car.  I wasn't old enough at the time to be
curious about the details of construction, so I can't offer much there.  If
you could figure out a way to incorporate that principle into a scoop and
hose system, you might be able to drive around in the Arizona summers with
cool tootsies!

John Karlsson
Hope Valley, RI