Radiator question

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Radiator question
From: KatHaus7@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 00:01:13 EDT
Hi All,
It seems I have a problem with the radiator?? in my 67 +4. It seems only half
of it is working properly. When I tried to drain it using the drain plug,
nothing came out. I removed the drain, and found it was clogged with black
tar like goop. I tried to get it out of there with no real luck, so I decided
to use some radiator flush, ran the car for an hour or so til it was good and
hot, tried the drain plug again, NO luck, so I drained it through the hose
above the drain plug. Black goop poured out, then I backwashed the radiator
after the engine cooled, and pushed out alot more black goop, and a ton of
rust. I am still unable to get anything to come out of the drain plug, so I'm
guessing there is still a clog somewhere.

Any ideas on how to remedy this problem?