Re: There's heat and then there's heat...

To: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Subject: Re: There's heat and then there's heat...
From: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <Chip.Brown@msdw.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 15:02:19 -0400
In fairness to Cumberford, who prides himself on his curmudgeonly style,
he carps about the Morgan's styling because Morgans do not advertise in
car magazines. A shot at Morgan is an easy shot to take. Robert aka
Chowderhead, like all of the auto columnists, is muzzled by his
advertising sales department to one degree or another. So he takes his
shots where and when he can.

How I long for the old days of John Bond's Road & Track, when car mags
called 'em like they saw them, because foreign car companies weren't big
advertisers in any US publication. (And John loved Morgans, of
course....) I used to save car mags, but stopped sometime in the
mid-eighties. Why I still read 'em is beyond me. I did cancel Automobile
some time ago: Auto Week scoops them on nearly everything by two weeks
and takes up less room on top of the commode.

Chip Brown