Re: American collectors - threat... or menace?

To: "Stuart J. Ross" <stuross@nac.net>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: American collectors - threat... or menace?
From: "Lannis" <ottoflick@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 22:16:03 -0400
Stuart -

I used to be into old American cars ('53 Dodge; '69 GTO Judge; '66 Mustang;
'47 Dodge pickup).  I won't stereotype any particular group, and you MAY
chalk this observation up to MY changing over the years, but it seems to me
that there's lots more grouchy obnoxious old farts into old American iron
than into old British iron (or wood).  I very seldom meet that sort of
person at a British car meet; but dern if I don't seem to see a lot of
self-important, know-it-all old toots at American car cruise nights and
things like that.  Same goes for bikes; I've had three Harley Davidsons, and
I got out of them and into Britbikes because of the posers and profilers I
ended up riding with.

List, go ahead and flame me if I'm just blind prejudiced; it could be that I
am and that I need gentle guidance.  If you've noticed the same thing,
though, be honest about it; take this opportunity to vent!!

Lannis