RE: aero8

To: "'dw2@mail.staffs.ac.uk'" <dw2@mail.staffs.ac.uk>
Subject: RE: aero8
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 22:19:06 -0400
D,

Conventional wisdom has it that the Roman elite did themselves in through
lead poisoning by drinking fruit juices and wine from lead goblets.  The
poor could not afford lead goblets so hey were not affected.  Lead acetate
is sweet (so they say, probably the same people who say that cyanide tastes
like bitter almonds) and, since the Romans had a sweet tooth, they didn't
refuse yet another goblet of "nectar."

Not sure what this has to do with the Aero8 which, I'm sure, runs on
unleaded gas.  I'm still somewhat sceptical about the 450 orders.

Chuck