Re: [Morgan production Numbers]

To: Myhekoenig@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Morgan production Numbers]
From: "William H. Boyles" <wmj3@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 21:25:40 -0500
Myhekoenig@aol.com wrote:

> Thanks for the come back, Rick. I actually have those figures, but as you
> probably know Morgan squeezed the TR-4A  engine into a body style just about
> like the 4-4, and they were called "low line" Plus-4's. While we know that
> there were 457 serial numbers between the first and the last, I would be
> interested in a breakdown of how many roadsters, drop heads and SS's there
> were in this category.
> Thanks anyway,
> Myron
Myron -

Don't know if you are still chasing this, but I own a +4, TR powered,
#5342 that was produced in 1963 with SS specs and is in a 4/4 body i.e.
low line with no top hood louvres. Unlike the "official" Super Sports,
however, it is steel bodied. At present, Hermen Pol is researching the
history of it for me to get more details. I bought it in 1967 and do
know that it was originally delivered to Lew Spencer in California.
Don't know if he ordered the special set up or if it was a custom job
for a customer.

Bill Boyles
1963 + 4 "The Blue Max"
1967 +4+ "Swan"