Re: Road and Track

To: <Btmfdchn@aol.com>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Road and Track
From: "Jeff S.Smith" <smithmog@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 18:09:49 -0000
I have to agree...I grew up on C/D and R&T in the sixties, and I love to
look at old copies just to read the classifieds, and dream about the Type 57
Bugattis for "$2500 or best offer"  Regrettably, I read that Warren Weith
had passed away; a truly fine writer and the kind of guy I wish I had met. I
still recall reading his stories about his son growing up, and about Olaf
the Volvo. Us guys who grew up on Tom McCahill, Ken Purdy, Warren Weith and
company are spoiled for life. I'm guessing that the current generation of
readers will feel the same way about the work of Peter Egan, and for good
reason. (by the way, Brooklands Books published collections of his stuff-
great reading! Go buy them and keep him in clapped-out Formula Fords!)
            Jeff Smith
            1968 4/4 B1677