4/4 Zenith carbs

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: 4/4 Zenith carbs
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 19:26:44 -0400
I'm pretty sure the 4/4 Series Vs came with the 1500 Kent (Cortina) eng. and
used the Zenith VN2 carb.  At least mine did.  I also know that most 4/4
owners have replace the carb with a weber.  So I have a couple of questions:

1. Other than the Cortina, what else used the VN2 carb (especially in the US)?
   I've spent several hours searching the net for some sort of Zenith catalog
   to no avail.  And really haven't found much info on the VN2.  I know Ted
   Schumacher (tedtsimx@q1.net  http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com
   Phone: 800/ 543-6648 (US & Canada)) has carb kits.

2. What webber have most of the 4/4 owners put on their cars?  Don't know
   that I'll do it, but it would be nice to know.  I think I have a webber
   and manafold at my dad's.

TIA

John

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan