RE: What happened to Road & Track?

To: "'Jhalfdime@aol.com'" <Jhalfdime@aol.com>
Subject: RE: What happened to Road & Track?
From: "Willburn, Gerry" <Gerry.Willburn@verticalcircuits.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:04:28 -0700
Hi Jim,

Speaking of long gone cars, I have a friend who has bought several
interesting old cars by going back to the 1950s and '60s ads.  He just calls
the number.  When the person (if the number is still good) says "I sold that
car years ago!"  He says "Who did you sell it to."  Then calls them, etc..

The success rate is not too good, but it is like the guy that asks every
girl that passes by if she wants to go to bed, it only takes one.

Up until a couple of years ago you could have bought the HFS Morgan 4-seater
drophead that way!  Dave Durham put it up for sale in the mid '60s and
didn't sell it right away so he kept it for another 30 years untill he sold
it to Richard Rollins through Dennis Glavis.

All the best,

Gerry