Re: Need help /w '48 starter

To: jblair@exis.net, morgans@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need help /w '48 starter
From: TrmpetDave@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 02:21:13 EDT
In a message dated 9/20/00 3:18:24 PM, jblair@exis.net writes:

<< Again, thanks to all that responded to my request for information on the
starter.

Good news!  It appears that the insulation on the field winding broke down
and was allowing the field to short to the case.  We've got it back from
the local auto electric shop - good as new!!

It's nice to know that Ted Schumacher has a new reduction gear starter that
we could get if absolutly necessary.  However, my dad wants to keep the
car original.  I guess we'll have to keep our eyes out for another "junk"
eh, used starter.

I was supprised to hear what all the starter fit, especially the Armstrong
Siddeley's.  I should probably try and get in touch with the some of the
owners if these and see what else fits.

Again, thanks to all, and the wealth of knowledge is unbelieveable!!

John

Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229 >>

When I need a starter for my '71 +8, I just go to Pep Boys and pick up a
rebuilt starter for a '62 Buick Special. (At least I did that last time-don't
know how long they will continue to stock '62 Buick parts!) Dave Collins, San
Diego.