Re: squeaks and squonks

To: "Morgan News Group" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: squeaks and squonks
From: "Tony Souza" <tjsouz@epix.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 07:21:30 -0400
Hi folks,
Dave, have you checked the slot in the underside of the bellhousing?
This is the slot in which the stud that connects the linkage to the
release sleeve slides back and forth.  This slot becomes worn due to
engine rotation pushing the release sleeve to one side of the slot.
Symptoms are roughness and jerkiness in the cluthch pedal movement.  A
common  cure is to install a bearing surface on the worn side of the
slot.

Tony Souza