Firewall Fabrication Options

To: "morgans@autox.team.net" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Firewall Fabrication Options
From: "Michael D. Miles, PE" <mdmiles@mdmpe.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 17:52:01 -0700
Some of you may be aware that I'm restoring a 1961 +4 4 Seater.  The
car was a basket case when I got it and went through about 20 owners
in 30 years.

One of the pitfalls I discovered with a getting a new chassis is that
the old firewall is 1/2" narrower than the new chassis.  Since the old
firewall has been hacked and patched almost as much as the old chassis
was, I'm looking at having a new one fabricated.  I've priced one from
Melvyn-Rutter but I'd like to hear any other comments you might have
for alternate sources.

--
"Entropy Happens!"
Michael D. Miles, PE  Consulting Design Engineer